Your credit card is not just another payment tool. It also helps you explore a world of exciting offers and exclusive privileges from time to time.
These periodic promotional offers released by the banks can help you get the finest deals on shopping, dining, traveling, and much more. That said, these offers also come with an expiry date.
We’ve shortlisted 9 such ongoing promotional offers which you must check out and take advantage of.
1. HSBC Credit Card joining promotion
Get rewarded with RM250 cashback with your first HSBC credit card. All you have to do is follow the steps given below:
- Apply for a new HSBC credit card before 31 December 2018
- Spend at least RM1,500 within the first 60 days from the date you receive the welcome letter
- Get a cashback of RM250 transferred into your credit account
If you’re already an active member of HSBC, you can enjoy another joining benefit when you get your new HSBC card. Here’s how:
- Spend RM1,000 or more on your principal card within the first 60 days of your new card approval and earn a cashback of RM100
- Earn a cashback of RM50 when you charge your supplementary card with a minimum of RM500 within the first 60 days of approval
2. Citi Airpaz promotion
- Air Asia
- Malaysia Airlines
- Malindo Air
- Tiger Airways
The promotional offer is valid till 31 December 2018 using Citi credit cards issued in Malaysia only. Also, the promotional airfares are non-refundable.
3. Standard Chartered’s Hotels.com promotion
Your Standard Chartered credit card can help you get an amazing accommodation experience with its ongoing promotional offer with Hotels.com. Here are the details:
|Minimum spend requirement||Discounts on hotel room bookings||
|Standard Chartered Priority Banking Visa Infinite Credit Card||RM1,500 per booking||
|Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Credit Card||RM1,500 per booking||
|Standard Chartered WorldMiles World Mastercard Credit Card||RM1,500 per booking||
|All other Standard Chartered Credit Cards||RM400 per booking||
Keep in mind
- The offer only applicable for bookings completed via Hotels.com website
- The offer is valid till 31 December 2018
- The stay period is till 31 March 2019
4. Alliance Bank’s credit card debt consolidation promotion
Get a new Alliance Bank credit card and opt for the 0% interest rate Balance Transfer Flexi Plan to consolidate your existing credit card debts. The facility helps you transfer outstanding balances of up to RM40,000 from other banks’ credit cards to your new Alliance Bank card. Let’s take a look at the details of this plan:
Repayment tenure available
|Interest rate||Minimum transfer amount||Maximum transfer amount||Validity|
|6 months||0% p.a.||RM3,000||Up to 80% of the credit limit or a maximum of RM40,000||
Till 30 January 2019
The promotion will also earn you 500 Timeless Bonus Points (TBPs) with every transfer worth RM10,000.
Related: 5 Useful Tips to Become Debt-Free
5. Maybank Mantissa College promotion
Maybank brings you a promotional offer that gives you a range of discounts when you pay the fee of your chosen course at the Mantissa College using its credit cards. You can get discounts as high as 29%, apart from the facility of converting the fees into instalments (over periods of 6 months, 12 months and 18 months) through Maybank’s 0% EzyPay Instalment Plan.
Here are the details of few of the courses and their discounted course fee:
|Regular course fee||Course fee with Maybank Promotion||Savings|
Doctor of Business Administration, IPE-Paris
|RM44,600 + Eur3,200||RM36,600 + Eur3,200||RM8,000 (17.93%)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration, PGSM-Paris (Full time)||RM40,800 + GBP1,000||RM33,500 + GBP1,000||
|Diploma in Business Administration||RM23,500||RM16,500||
Click here for more information.
6. UOB’s Zalora promotion
Maximise your savings with fashion shopping at Zalora with the help of your UOB credit card. You can make purchases at Zalora and get a discount with every transaction. Here are the promotion details:
- Make purchases worth RM150 or more using your UOB primary or supplementary card till 31 March 2019
- Use the code ‘UOB20Z’ at checkout
- Get a discount of 20% on your total purchase bill
7. CIMB’s Fish & Co. promotion
Indulge in a delicious seafood platter at the Fish & Co. with your CIMB debit, credit or Kwik cards, and…
- Get a 10% discount on a la carte food menu every weekday till 31 December 2018 when you pay the food bill using your CIMB card
- Get a voucher of RM10 when you spend RM70 in a single receipt every weekend till 31 December 2018 using your CIMB card
8. Public Bank’s Corus Hotel promotion
Your Public Bank credit card gives you deals on room tariffs, and food and beverages, when you stay at the Corus Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. You can enjoy this promotion till 31 December 2018. Here are the details:
- Get a discount of 40% on room rack rates for Paradise Cabana room and Deluxe room
- Get a discount of 20% on a la carte menu at the following restaurants:
- Ming Palace Chinese Restaurant
- Dondang Sayang Coffee House
- Komura Japanese Restaurant
- Enjoy buffet dining at the Dondang Sayang Coffee House and get a discount of 15% on the total bill
- Purchase a bottle of wine from Kencana Lounge and get a rebate of RM15
9. Hong Leong’s Baiwago Plus Café promotion
The promotional offer is valid at the following Baiwango Plus Cafe outlets:
- No. 2G, Jalan 3/116B, Kuchai Entrepreneur’s Park, Kuala Lumpur, 58200
- SS2, 47300, Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- L2, 110 Level 1, [email protected], Terminal KLIA2, Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Jalan KLIA 2/1, KLIA Sepang, 64000
- No. 43, Jalan Kenari 17C, Bandar Puchong Jaya, Puchong, Selangor, 47100
And that’s not all. Apply now for a Citi, Alliance Bank, or a Standard Chartered Bank credit card, right here on BBazaar Malaysia, and get a Huawei Y6 2018 phone, absolutely FREE! T&Cs apply.
You may also like:
- Don’t Miss Out on These Awesome Ramadan Promotions and Offers
- Infographic: Which Credit Card Benefit Do Malaysians Love the Most?
- 7 Credit Cards with Great Online Shopping Benefits
- 5 Signs You’re Ready for a Credit Card Upgrade
- Cheap and Good: 7 Affordable Credit Cards with Great Benefits
All information provided in this article/blog, published on this website is strictly for general information purpose only. BBazaar does not provide any warranty about the authenticity and accuracy of such information. BBazaar will not be held responsible for any loss and/or damage that arises or is incurred by use of such information. Please visit the websites of respective banks/financial institutions for more details about products.