Valentine’s Day is a special day for all those who are in love. People go to extremes to make their loved one feel special. They book a table at a fancy restaurant, go watch a movie, or even go out on a holiday. But, what do you do if you are low on cash?
Making your loved one feel special is easy and you really needn’t spend a lot of money to prove your love. You can do simple things that your partner may appreciate and that would mean more than spending money on expensive things.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day on a budget
If you are not too keen on going out and spending a lot of money on Valentine’s Day, you can do the following:
- Cook a nice dinner at home and have a nice candlelight dinner. It will be intimate and you will save a lot.
- You can make a handmade card or a gift. Think of what your loved one would like to get and make it instead of buying it. It holds more value than the money you spend on an expensive gift.
- Go on a picnic. Take a nice table cloth, wine, and some nice food and take your loved one on a picnic.
- Go on a trek if you are an adventurous type of couple.
- Make a crossword puzzle. You could include the name of a favorite song, pace you met, favorite place to dine in, gifts you exchanged, etc.
- Plan a scavenger hunt. Include special notes at the stopping point.
- Plan a romantic evening at home without any electronic device. Talk, share ideas and plans, take pictures, read a book, etc. But, make sure that you are not using any electronic device.
In the end, it is not about how much money you spent to make the day special for your loved one, it is about how much time you spent together. Don’t get carried away with the expensive items shown on TV or on display at the local mall, everyone is in it to make money off you. Make the day personal with just the two of you and make it memorable.