Technology has immensely influenced our shopping ways in recent years as ‘shops have to come to us’ instead of the other way round! For many of us these days, shopping simply means buying our favourite things through clicks and swift payments from the comfort of our homes or just on the go!
What is better is that there are a number of credit cards that reward our online purchases by offering perks like cash rebates, loyalty benefits, and extra points. So if you’re someone who’s glued to the Internet for most of your daily requirements, having such a credit card will prove to be really beneficial.
However, always consider things like cashback caps, spending requirements, partnering merchant outlets, rewards points redemption methods, etc. before choosing a card that best suits your unique lifestyle requirements, spending patterns and monthly budget.
So without much delay, check our list of 5 credit cards offering great online shopping benefits:
First up, let’s take a look at this table which showcases the key benefits of each of these 5 credit cards:
|Name of the credit card||Online shopping benefits||Other benefits||Annual fees||Minimum income requirement|
|Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum||Up to 15% cashback every month on online spends||Up to 15% cashback on petrol, auto bill payments, and all daily spends||Principal Card: RM250. First-year annual fee waiver. Subsequent years waived with spending of RM20,000 p.a
Supplementary card: Free
|RHB Signature Credit Card||Up to 6% cashback on online spends||Up to 6% cashback on entertainment and shopping transactions with 0.2% cashback on all other transactions||Free for life||RM80,000 p.a.|
|AEON BiG Visa Gold Credit Card||2% cashback for online and overseas expenses||5% cashback at ÆON BiG Thank You Member Day on the 28th of every month
5% cashback on petrol every Sunday
5% cashback for Visa payWave every day at ÆON BiG Stores
|Principal card – RM95, Supplementary card – RM60.
Annual fee waived for the first year. Subsequent years waived if the card is used for 12 retail transactions in a year
|Public Bank Visa Signature||6% cashback on online transactions||6% cashback on grocery and dining expenses
1 VIP Point for every RM1 spent on other retail transactions
|Principal card – RM388 Free for the first year. Waived when you swipe 12 times a year for subsequent years||RM80,000 p.a.|
|UOB VOX Card||5% cash rebate for online purchases||0.2% cash rebates on all other purchases||Principal card – RM6 per month (waived with 1 swipe every month)
Supplementary card – RM30 p.a.
Now let’s talk about each card in detail:
1. Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum Mastercard
The Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum Mastercard (read the full review here) is a popular option which can get you as much as RM85 cashback every month! The card offers up to 15% cashback on petrol expenses, online purchases and auto-bill payments in a month, and 0.2% cashback on all other spends.
That said, there are certain spending requirements that you need to meet in order to get the desired cashback, as shown in the table below:
|Monthly spending range||Cashback rate (petrol purchases, online spends and auto bill payments)||Cashback rate (all other spends)||Cashback cap per month|
|RM1,000 – 1,499.99||5%||0.2%||RM12|
|RM1,500 – 2,499.99||10%||0.2%||RM28|
|RM2,500 and above||15%||0.2%||RM85|
As such, if you spend RM2,500 every month with the Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum, you’ll not just bag yearly cashback of (RM85X12) RM1,020, it will be enough to waive off the RM250 annual fee after the first year.
Liked this credit card? Apply for it now on BBazaar and get an exciting free gift!
Card Type : Cashback
Bbazaar promotion : PARKSON gift voucher worth RM150 on card approval. T&Cs apply
Up to 15% cashback every month on petrol, online shopping, and auto-bill payments
Get 0.2% cashback on all other retail purchases
Discounts and offers at over 4,000 participating outlets across Asia
Minimum income requirment: RM24,000 p.a.
Minimum age: 21 years old
For salaried: Copy of NRIC (both sides), last 1 months’ salary slip and bank statement, last 6 months’ salary slip and bank statement for commission earners, latest EPF Statement, latest Borang BE (Full submission to LHDN)
For self-employed: Copy of NRIC (both sides), last 6 months’ bank statement and Business Registration Form 9, 24, 49, latest EPF Statement, latest Borang B/BE(Full submission to LHDN).
Annual fee: RM250 (Waived for the first year. Subsequent years waived if annual spend over RM20,000), Supplementary card: Free for life
Interest rates: 15-18% p.a.
Late payment fee: 1% of outstanding balance subject to a minimum of RM10 and a maximum of RM100
2. RHB Signature Credit Card
The RHB Signature credit card is another option which can help you ramp up your monthly savings with its cashback offers on online, shopping and entertainment expenses. And the best part is it doesn’t cost anything to use the card as it comes with a lifetime annual fee waiver!
Check out the table below to understand its cashback structure:
For local spends:
|Monthly spending||Cashback rate on ONLINE spends||Cashback rate on ENTERTAINMENT spends||Cashback rate on SHOPPING spends||Cashback rate on OTHER spends|
|RM1,000 – RM2,499||1% (capped at RM30)||1% (capped at RM30)||1% capped at RM30)||0.2% (unlimited)|
|RM2,500 – RM3,499||2% (capped at RM30)||2% (capped at RM30)||2% (capped at RM30)||0.2% (unlimited)|
|RM3,500 and above||6% (capped at RM30)||6% (capped at RM30)||6% (capped at RM30)||0.2% (unlimited)|
For overseas spending (total cashback capped at RM100 per month)
|Monthly spending||Cashback rate|
|RM3,500 and above||2%|
Do check out the list of Merchant Category Codes (MCCs) for eligible cashback purchaseshere.
3. AEON BiG Visa Gold Credit Card
If you’re someone who frequently shops at the AEON BIG, you will find the AEON BiG Visa Gold Credit Card as a useful tool to boost your monthly savings. And it’s not that the benefits are limited to in-store perks only as there is cashback to be earned on online and fuel expenses as well.
So let’s take a closer look at what all this credit card offers:
- 5% cashback at ÆON BiG Thank You Member Day on the 28th of every month capped at RM100
- 5% cashback on petrol spends every Sunday capped at RM25 per month
- 2% cashback for online and overseas expenses capped at RM25 per month
- 5% cashback for Visa payWave every day at the ÆON BiG Stores capped at RM25 per month
- 4x Member Points for every RM1 spent at AEON BIG stores on the 10th of every month, 2x Member Points at the stores on all other days, 1x Member Point for all other expenses
- 3x free access to the Plaza Premium Lounge across international airports in Malaysia
- Complimentary Flight Travel Personal Accident cover up to RM200,000; in the case of death or permanent disability of cardholder the policy will pay outstanding credit balance of up to RM1,000 per person (as per the last monthly bill)
Keep in mind
- The annual fee for the principal card is RM95 (exclusive of taxes), RM60 for a supplementary card. While they are waived for the first year, a minimum 12 swipes in a year can waive off the fees for subsequent years too
- You need to have an AEON BIG Member card to apply for this credit card, apart from other mandatory documents like copy of I.C., latest salary slips, among others
- Accumulated Member Points can be redeemed for additional cashback at the rate of 1,000 Member Points=RM5
- Member Points will not be issued for petrol and government department transactions
- Complimentary travel insurance is valid only if the entire cost of flight tickets is charged to the card
4. Public Bank Visa Signature
With its cashback offers, reward points and complimentary travel insurance coverage, Public Bank Visa Signature Credit Card is another good option for you. And as far as online expenses are concerned, you can bag 6% cashback on them every month!
So let’s check out the key benefits of this credit card:
- 6% cashback on online, dining and grocery expenses capped at RM38 per month
- 1 VIP Point for every RM1 spend on all other retail expenses. VIP Points can be redeemed for air miles, gift vouchers and merchandise from the bank catalogue
- Complimentary travel insurance coverage up to RM500,000
- 2X free access to any Malaysian Plaza Premium Lounge
Keep in mind
- The minimum income requirement to apply for this credit card is RM80,000 p.a.
- The annual fee for the principal card is RM388, while it’s RM200 for the supplementary card (both exclusive of taxes). The annual fee is waived for the first year, and 12 swipes in a year will waive off the fee for subsequent years as well
- No VIP Points for dining, groceries, online purchases, casino, cash advance, balance transfer, UTAR, TARC, government and transactions, and payments via PBe online banking and ATM
- Lounge access promotion is valid until December 31, 2018
5. UOB VOX Card
The last card on this list is the UOB VOX Card which offers 6% cash rebate every month on your online purchases. And additional cash rebates under the SMART$ Rebate Programme is another major plus!
What you’ll love about this credit card:
- 5% cash rebate on online purchases up to RM1,000 per month (calculates to RM50 maximum cashback), and 0.3% cash rebate on all other spends
- Additional up to 10% SMART$ Rebate when you spend at SMART merchant outlets like GSC (5%), PARKROYAL (3%), BH Petrol (1%), Charles and Keith (5%), Victoria’s Secrets (5%), Timberland (3%) among many others. Click here for complete information about SMART$ Rebates programme
- The UOB 0% Instalment Payment Plan lets the cardholder convert the payment for his purchase at participating merchants into affordable monthly instalments for a tenure of up to 36 months with a 0% interest rate
Keep in mind:
- Monthly fee of RM6 can be waived with at least 1 card usage/swipe every month
- Online spends like insurance, government utilities and bill payments do not qualify for cashback
- Cash rebates credited to your card account by the 30th of the following month
And if you’re on the lookout for a credit card, our ongoing promotion might interest you. Apply now for a Citi, Alliance Bank, or a Standard Chartered Bank credit card, right here on Bbazaar, and get a PARKSON gift voucher worth RM150 upon card approval. T&Cs apply.
Want more options? Check out our reviews for popular credit cards in Malaysia:
- Alliance Bank You:nique Review: A Truly One-of-a-Kind Credit Card?
- Citi Cash Back Card Review: How Good Is This Rebates Credit Card?
- Standard Chartered Visa Platinum Credit Card Review: The Simple Way to Earn More Rewards Points
- Citi PremierMiles Visa Credit Card Review: An Ideal Partner for Travel Buffs?
- Alliance Bank Platinum Review: Earn Rewards Points Quickly, Redeem Them for Goodies and Air Miles
All information provided in this article/blog, published on this website is strictly for general information purpose only. BBazaar does not provide any warranty about the authenticity and accuracy of such information. BBazaar will not be held responsible for any loss and/or damage that arises or is incurred by use of such information. Please visit the websites of respective banks/financial institutions for more details about products.