Technology has immensely influenced our shopping ways in recent years as ‘shops have to come to us’ instead of the other way round! For many of us these days, shopping simply means buying our favourite things through clicks and swift payments from the comfort of our homes or just on the go!
What is better is that there are a number of credit cards that reward our online purchases by offering perks like cash rebates, loyalty benefits, and extra points. So if you’re someone who’s glued to the Internet for most of your daily requirements, having such a credit card will prove to be really beneficial.
However, always consider things like cashback caps, spending requirements, partnering merchant outlets, rewards points redemption methods, etc. before choosing a card that best suits your unique lifestyle requirements, spending patterns and monthly budget.
So without much delay, check our list of 7 credit cards offering great online shopping benefits:
First up, let’s take a look at this table which showcases the key benefits of each of these 7 credit cards:
|Name of the credit card||Online shopping benefits||Other benefits||Annual fees||Minimum income requirement|
|Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum||Up to 15% cashback every month on online spends||Up to 15% cashback on petrol, auto bill payments, and all daily spends||Principal Card: RM250.
First-year annual fee waiver. Subsequent years waived with spending of RM20,000 p.a.
Supplementary card: Free
|RHB Signature||Up to 6% cashback on online spends||Up to 6% cashback on entertainment and shopping transactions with 0.2% cashback on all other transactions||Free for life||RM80,000 p.a.|
|AEON BiG Visa Gold||2% cashback for online and overseas expenses||5% cashback at ÆON BiG Thank You Member Day on the 28th of every month.
5% cashback on petrol every Sunday
5% cashback for Visa payWave every day at ÆON BiG Stores
|Principal card – RM95
Supplementary card – RM60Annual fee waived for the first year. Subsequent years waived if the card is used for 12 retail transactions in a year.
|Public Bank Visa Signature||6% cashback on online transactions||6% cashback on grocery and dining expenses. 1 VIP Point for every RM1 spent on other retail transactions.||Principal card – RM388 Free for the first year. Waived when you swipe 12 times a year for subsequent years. Supplementary card: RM200||RM80,000 p.a.|
|UOB YOLO||Up to 8% cashback on online transactions.||Up to 8% cashback on travel and dining transactions.||Principal card – RM90
Annual fee waived for the first year. Supplementary card – RM30 p.a.Annual fee waived for the first two years.
|CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum||2% cash rebate on foreign currency transactions online. 0.2% cash rebate on other online spends.||Up to 5% cash rebate on utility bill payment, cinema, petrol, grocery, and mobile bill payment.||Principal card – Free for life.
Supplementary card – Free for life.
|AmBank TRUE VISA||3% cashback capped at RM30 per month.||0% Easy Payment Plan offering an interest-free repayment period of 24 months.||Principal card – Lifetime fee waiver.
Supplementary card – Lifetime fee waiver.
Now let’s talk about each card in detail:
1. Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum Mastercard
The Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum Mastercard (read the full review here) is a popular option that can get you as much as RM85 cashback every month! The card offers up to 15% cashback on petrol expenses, online purchases, and auto-bill payments in a month, and 0.2% cashback on all other spends.
That said, there are certain spending requirements that you need to meet in order to get the desired cashback, as shown in the table below:
|Monthly spending range||Cashback rate (petrol purchases, online spends and auto bill payments)||Cashback rate (all other spends)||Cashback cap per month|
|RM1,000 – 1,499.99||5%||0.2%||RM12|
|RM1,500 – 2,499.99||10%||0.2%||RM28|
|RM2,500 and above||15%||0.2%||RM85|
As such, if you spend RM2,500 every month with the Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum, you’ll not just bag yearly cashback of (RM85X12) RM1,020, it will be enough to waive off the RM250 annual fee after the first year.
Liked this credit card? Apply for it now on BBazaar and get an exciting free gift!
Card Type : Cashback
Up to 15% cashback every month on petrol, online shopping, and auto-bill payments
Get 0.2% cashback on all other retail purchases
Discounts and offers at over 4,000 participating outlets across Asia
Minimum income requirment: RM24,000 p.a.
Minimum age: 21 years old
For salaried: Copy of NRIC (both sides), last 1 months’ salary slip and bank statement, last 6 months’ salary slip and bank statement for commission earners, latest EPF Statement, latest Borang BE (Full submission to LHDN)
For self-employed: Copy of NRIC (both sides), last 6 months’ bank statement and Business Registration Form 9, 24, 49, latest EPF Statement, latest Borang B/BE(Full submission to LHDN).
Annual fee: RM250 (Waived for the first year. Subsequent years waived if annual spend over RM20,000), Supplementary card: Free for life
Interest rates: 15-18% p.a.
Late payment fee: 1% of outstanding balance subject to a minimum of RM10 and a maximum of RM100
2. RHB Signature
The RHB Signature credit card is another option that can help you ramp up your monthly savings with its cashback offers on online, shopping, and entertainment expenses. And the best part is it doesn’t cost anything to use the card as it comes with a lifetime annual fee waiver!
Check out the table below to understand its cashback structure:
For local spends (1%, 2% and 6% cashback capped at RM30 per month)
|Monthly spending||Cashback rate on ONLINE spends||Cashback rate on ENTERTAINMENT spends||Cashback rate on SHOPPING spends||Cashback rate on OTHER spends|
|RM1,000 – RM2,499||1%||1%||1%||0.2% (unlimited)|
|RM2,500 – RM3,499||2%||2%||2%||0.2% (unlimited)|
|RM3,500 and above||6%||6%||6%||0.2% (unlimited)|
For overseas spending (total cashback capped at RM100 per month)
|Monthly spending||Cashback rate|
|RM3,500 and above||2%|
Do check out the list of Merchant Category Codes (MCCs) for eligible cashback purchases here.
3. AEON BiG Visa Gold Credit Card
If you’re someone who frequently shops at the AEON BIG, you will find the AEON BiG Visa Gold Credit Card as a useful tool to boost your monthly savings. And it’s not that the benefits are limited to in-store perks only as there is cashback to be earned on online and fuel expenses as well.
So let’s take a closer look at what this credit card offers:
- 5% cashback at ÆON BiG Thank You Member Day on the 28th of every month capped at RM100
- 5% cashback on petrol spends every Sunday capped at RM25 per month
- 2% cashback for online and overseas expenses capped at RM25 per month
- 5% cashback for Visa payWave every day at the ÆON BiG Stores capped at RM25 per month
- 4x Member Points for every RM1 spent at AEON BIG stores on the 10th of every month, 2x Member Points at the stores on all other days, 1x Member Point for all other expenses
- 3x free access to the Plaza Premium Lounge across international airports in Malaysia
- Complimentary Flight Travel Personal Accident cover up to RM200,000; in the case of death or permanent disability of cardholder the policy will pay outstanding credit balance of up to RM1,000 per person (as per the last monthly bill)
Things to keep in mind:
- The annual fee for the principal card is RM95 (exclusive of taxes), RM60 for a supplementary card. While they are waived for the first year, a minimum 12 swipes in a year can waive off the fees for subsequent years too
- You need to have an AEON BIG Member card to apply for this credit card, apart from other mandatory documents like copy of I.C., latest salary slips, among others
- Accumulated Member Points can be redeemed for additional cashback at the rate of 1,000 Member Points=RM5
- Member Points will not be issued for petrol and government department transactions
- Complimentary travel insurance is valid only if the entire cost of flight tickets is charged to the card
4. Public Bank Visa Signature
With its cashback offers, reward points and complimentary travel insurance coverage, Public Bank Visa Signature Credit Card is another good option for you. And as far as online expenses are concerned, you can bag 6% cashback on them every month!
So let’s check out the key benefits of this credit card:
- 6% cashback on online, dining and grocery expenses capped at RM38 per month
- 1 VIP Point for every RM1 spend on all other retail expenses. VIP Points can be redeemed for air miles, gift vouchers and merchandise from the bank catalogue
- Complimentary travel insurance coverage up to RM500,000
- 2X free access to any Malaysian Plaza Premium Lounge
Things to keep in mind:
- The minimum income requirement to apply for this credit card is RM80,000 p.a.
- The annual fee for the principal card is RM388, while it’s RM200 for the supplementary card (both exclusive of taxes). The annual fee is waived for the first year, and 12 swipes in a year will waive off the fee for subsequent years as well
- No VIP Points for dining, groceries, online purchases, casino, cash advance, balance transfer, UTAR, TARC, government and transactions, and payments via PBe online banking and ATM
- Lounge access promotion is valid until December 31, 2018
5. UOB YOLO
The UOB YOLO Credit Card with its chic, user-friendly design is the card for today’s generation. You can earn cashback returns not just on online spends but on travel and dining transactions as well! With up to RM600 p.a. as cashback up for grabs, it’s a great way to monetise on your lifestyle.
Cashback is awarded on the basis of the total number of transactions charged to the card per month. Let’s take a look at what you can earn:
|Total Number of Transactions (per month)||Maximum Cashback Offered
|Maximum Cashback Offered (RM)|
|8-15||5% per month.||RM50 per month|
|16 and above||8% per month.|
What you’ll love about this credit card:
- 5 – 8% cashback on combined online, travel and dining UOB YOLO Card transactions capped at RM50 per month
- An innovative new design for the online shopper that has the card number displayed in stacks of four, making it easier to read while checking out.
- The card is enabled with Visa payWave and Visa Checkout bringing greater convenience to everyday usage
- Enjoy a free membership (first-time users only) at Celebrity Fitness for seven days upon presenting your card. This also includes an in-body analysis worth RM249 at no cost. Valid till 31 December 2018
- Get two complimentary drink vouchers on the purchase of every ticket to the Basement Flow Nights at Kyō KL, and more! Valid till 29 December 2018
- Enjoy exclusive Friyay Deals at GSC and Shopback, including a flat price of RM5 on movie tickets, and cashback offers on purchases from brands like Adidas, and Food Panda. GSC deal valid till 28 December 2018. Shopback deal valid till 31 December 2018
- Give in to your wanderlust with the 0% Overseas Easi-Payment Plan that gives you a 3-month repayment plan at 0% interest on a single or accumulated overseas transaction of RM3,000 or more. Valid till 31 December 2018
- Earn SMART$ Rebates when you spend at a SMART$ Merchant outlet like GSC (5%), PARKROYAL (3%), BH Petrol (1%), Charles and Keith (5%), Victoria’s Secrets (5%), Timberland (3%) among many others. Click here for complete information about the SMART$ Rebates programme
Things to keep in mind:
- Online spends like insurance, government utilities and bill payments do not qualify for cashback.
- A minimum of 8 transactions on the card is required to qualify for cashback
- The minimum age requirement to apply is 21 years, while the minimum annual income is RM36,000
- Dining transactions will be considered only if made at dining outlets that are participating merchants
6. CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum
With a lifetime annual fee waiver, cash rebates on online local and foreign currency spend, and access to the Touch ‘n Go ZING Card, the CIMB Cash Rebate Platinum Credit Card is a real show-stopper!
What you stand to gain with this card:
- 2% cash rebate on online, and retail transactions made in foreign currency capped at RM30 per card, per month
- Unlimited cash rebate of 0.2% on other online and retail transactions
- 5% cash rebate on cinema, mobile and utility bill, grocery, and petrol payments
- Instant, automatic recharge of your Touch ‘n Go ZING Card via the credit card
- Access to a wide array of exclusive CIMB Credit Card Privileges
Things to keep in mind:
- You have to maintain a statement balance of RM3,000 and above to earn 5% cash rebates
- Similarly, you will earn 2% cash rebates on a statement balance of RM3,000 and below
- The minimum income requirement to apply for this credit card is RM24,000 p.a
- Both principal and supplementary cards are subject to a lifetime annual fee waiver
- The minimum required age to apply for this card is 21 years
- Mobile and utility bill payments are to be made via a standing instruction only
7. AmBank True Visa
Conceptualised for the online shopper, the AmBank True Visa Credit Card offers 3% cashback on online transactions using the card. The card also offers benefits such as interest-free repayment periods and AmFlexi-Pay.
What are the highlights of this card:
- 3% cash rebate on online transactions capped at RM30 per month
- 0% Easy Payment Plan lets you claim an interest-free repayment plan for up to 24 months on select merchandise from select merchants
- Enjoy the ease of paying utility and insurance bills with AutoBillPay, which automatically debits due payments from the credit card
- Spend without worry with the Excess Limit Service that lets you borrow beyond your credit limit at a service fee of 2% of the excess amount
Things to keep in mind:
- Required minimum annual income is RM36,000 p.a
- The minimum required age to apply for this card is 21 years for the principal cardholder, and 18 years for the supplementary cardholder
- There is no annual fee on the principal card for the lifetime of the card
- The first three supplementary cards are subject to a lifetime annual fee waiver with no conditions attached
And that’s not all. If you’re on the lookout of a credit card, our ongoing promotion might interest you. Get up to RM500 worth Petron Gift Voucher and Touch'N'Go card, absolutely FREE,, when you apply for a Citi, Alliance Bank or Standard Chartered Bank credit card, right here on BBazaar! APPLY TODAY! T&Cs apply.
Want more options? Check out our reviews of popular credit cards in Malaysia:
- Alliance Bank You:nique Review: A Truly One-of-a-Kind Credit Card?
- Citi Cash Back Card Review: How Good Is This Rebates Credit Card?
- Standard Chartered Visa Platinum Credit Card Review: The Simple Way to Earn More Rewards Points
- Citi PremierMiles Visa Credit Card Review: An Ideal Partner for Travel Buffs?
- Alliance Bank Platinum Review: Earn Rewards Points Quickly, Redeem Them for Goodies and Air Miles
All information provided in this article/blog, published on this website is strictly for general information purpose only. BBazaar does not provide any warranty about the authenticity and accuracy of such information. BBazaar will not be held responsible for any loss and/or damage that arises or is incurred by use of such information. Please visit the websites of respective banks/financial institutions for more details about products.