Malaysia’s most festive time of year, Hari Raya, is right around the corner. If you check out our list of essentials needed prior to the most anticipated celebrations you will notice that one of them is your Raya attire. But with so many things to take care of, it may be quite the chore to find time to shop for that perfect new outfit. Plus, with all the fasting you’ve done it’s inevitable you’ll lose weight so there may be no point in buying your new clothes way in advance.
Apart from the convenience factor, another perk of online shopping is amazing discounts you get with certain credit cards. Read our guide to the best shopping credit cards in Malaysia for more information, but in a nutshell, you can get up to 10% cashback for online transactions!
And to make it even easier for you, we’ve come up with our picks for some of the best places online to get your Bergaya Raya on.
With thousands of options to choose from, you’re bound to find your ideal Raya outfit here. While a lot of online boutiques cater only to women, Zalora has quite a selection for men as well. Discover the Raya season’s most-wanted pieces by some exclusive brands and feel as good as you look.
CIMB credit card holders can also enjoy 22% off with a minimum spend of RM250 for purchases made until 30 June 2018.
Poplook is described as one of Malaysia’s leading online stores specialising in modest fashion. Not only do they have a special Raya collection for 2018 but pretty much anything on their site is suitable for the occasion.
With over 1,500 different designs, they also accommodate a variety of sizes from XS to 4XL. Not only that, there’s also a range for children aged 1-8 years old.
Just last year, the online store has also opened up brick-and-mortar stores in major shopping malls like The Curve, Setia City Mall, and Sogo. That said, if you buy online, you get to enjoy 10% off on your first purchase.
Since its inception in 2010, FashionValet has been bringing the latest fashion with a wide range of ready-to-wear garments for women, men, and children. They pride on carrying the best of Malaysia’s homegrown brands and designers so you’re always in trend.
Gone are the days of waiting days and even weeks for your items to arrive because FV offers same-day delivery within Klang Valley. If that’s not enough, it’s free every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday when you purchase between 9am and 12pm.
FV also has a loyalty point system so if you’re a big spender, expect some rewards in return.
You can check out their Raya 2018 collection here.
Vercato’s tagline is “sophisticated and modern modest style” and each piece has a unique design. For on-ground convenience, you will find their designs in various Metrojaya department stores in the Klang Valley, but their online store has a greater collection to choose from.
Unlike the bigger online stores, Vercato offers a more personalised touch to order with an option for you to order via WhatsApp, phone, SMS, e-mail and through their Facebook page.
Another top contender in modest wear for women in Malaysia is D’yana. They specialise in Jubah, Baju Kurung, Muslimah dresses, tops, skirts and even have a special category for mother and daughter to twin in. Enjoy free delivery for orders over RM200 and be sure to check out their Raya collection here.
We hope this list helps you achieve that perfect look to ‘Bergaya Raya’ but don’t wait until the very last minute to place your order.
To all those celebrating, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri and here’s to a stylish celebratory season ahead.
Before you go
There are certain credit cards which further sweeten your online purchases. Here are some examples:
- You can earn 15% cashback on online transactions (and petrol purchases and auto bill payments) with the Standard Chartered JustOne Platinum if your monthly credit card bill exceeds RM2,500. The total cashback is capped at RM85 per month. Click here to know more about the card.
- You can earn 10% interest back on purchases (including online) and cash advances every month when you pay at least the minimum monthly due on your Citi Simplicity+ card on time. Plus there are no late-payment charges or capping on rebates.
- You can get 10% cashback in a month (capped at RM100) in your chosen category like online transactions when you spend RM2,000 in a month on retail spends using a Hong Leong WISE card.
- You can get 5% cashback on online spends, petrol purchases, groceries and utilities when you charge your RHB Smart Value Card above RM2,501 in a month.
- You can also earn unlimited cashback at 0.2% on all spends, apart from 8% cashback on petrol and grocery purchases (when your monthly bill exceeds RM2,000) using an HSBC Amanah MPower Visa Platinum Credit Card-i.
- You can earn 3% cash rebate on all retail purchases using an Alliance Bank You:nique card when your total monthly spends fall between RM2,001 and RM3,000. Plus you earn 2 Timeless Bonus Point on every Ringgit spent using the card.
And that’s not all. Apply now for a Standard Chartered or Citi credit card on Bbazaar.my and get a Smart Health Bracelet worth RM250, plus RM50 Tesco e-Voucher! Hurry up, offer ends on July 31, 2018.
You may also like: