Imagine flying to your favourite holiday destination without having to shell out too much on airfares or even your hotel room. With the right travel rewards card, this distant dream can be a possibility. Enter the world of the Alliance Bank Visa Infinite.
Made for the savvy, new-age globetrotter, this credit card boasts an array of benefits, including unlimited VIP lounge access, a dedicated travel helpline, and complimentary travel insurance cover among other perks.
Now let’s take a look at the key travel-related benefits of the Alliance Bank Visa Infinite in detail:
When you consider any travel rewards credit card, the biggest benefit usually centres around what the card offers in terms of air miles and how good the conversion rate is in case of a Frequent Flyer Programme. Let’s take a look at what the Alliance Bank Visa Infinite card offers in this regard:
- Earn 5x Timeless Bonus Points (TBP) for every RM1 spent on overseas retail transactions, and
- Earn 2x Timeless Bonus Points for every RM1 spent locally on retail transactions
If this doesn’t look like much at first glance, a closer look at the conversion rate for a Frequent Flyer Programme will give you a better idea of what each point is worth of.
- Redeem 6000 TBP for 1000 Enrich Miles
- Redeem 3000 TBP for 1000 AirAsia BIG Points
Keep in mind:
- You can earn TBP on all retail transactions except for petrol and government agency
transactions Thepoints you earn on your card can’t be transferred to any other user
What else does the Alliance Bank Visa Infinite Card offers?
Apart from the rewards points, here’s a list of other main features and benefits of this credit card:
- The principal card’s annual fee of RM800 can be waived for every year on spending a minimum amount of RM30,000 p.a.
- The supplementary card is free for life
- Unlimited access to more than 850 VIP lounges across the world with complimentary Priority Pass Membership (cumulative annual spending requirement of RM300,000 p.a.)
- Unlimited Plaza Premium Lounge access in KLIA, and 20% discount at Plaza Premium Lounges all around the world
- Travel Inconvenience Insurance of up to RM2,000 for missed flight connections and flight delays, up to RM2,000 for luggage delays and up to RM5,000 for loss of luggage
- Travel Medical Expenses Coverage of up to RM50,000 for overseas medical expense, and Travel Accident Insurance of up to RM2 million for death or total permanent disablement
- Dedicated travel helpline in association with Holiday Tours & Travel Sdn Bhd
- 24/7 Visa Infinite Concierge service along with personalised Infinite customer service
- Contactless payment feature – Visa payWave – for quick, convenient transactions
Liked this credit card? Apply for it now on BBazaar and get an exciting free gift!
Card Type : Travel / Rewards
Complimentary Priority Pass Membership (6 entries) – over 850 VIP lounges worldwide, and KLIA 2 and Penang Airport
Travel Accident & Inconvenience Insurance up to RM2 million and Travel Medical Expenses Coverage up to RM50,000
Earn 5x Timeless Bonus Points on every RM1 spent overseas and 2XTBPs on every RM1 spent locally
Redeem free flight, upgrade and more for Air Miles for Enrich and AirAsia BIG
Minimum income – RM150,000 p.a.
Minimum age – 21 years old
For Salaried Professionals (MNCs/PLCs & Non MNCs/PLCs): Copy of NRIC (both sides) or a valid passport, last 3 months’ salary slip, last 3 months’ bank statement showing salary being credited, latest EPF statement, or latest Borang BE with official tax receipt/bank-in slip
For Self-Employed Professionals: Copy of NRIC (both sides) or a valid passport, last 6 months’ bank statement, Business Registration Form and Form D or Form 9, 24, 49, latest EPF statement, or tax return form with official tax receipt
For For Non-Malaysians: Copy of working permit whose remaining validity is at least one year from the application date
Annual fee: Principal card – RM800 (with 0% GST). Waived if card is charged at least RM30,000 p.a. Supplementary card – Free for life
Interest rates: 15-18% p.a.
Late payment fee: 1% of the outstanding balance subject to a minimum of RM10 and a maximum of RM100
An in-depth look at the travel rewards on offer
The table below shows how the Alliance Bank Visa Infinite card lets you earn air miles faster. For illustrative purposes, let’s find out how much will you need to spend on this credit card – local and overseas – to accumulate 10,000 Enrich Miles.
|Frequent Flyer Program||Name of the Credit Card||Equivalent Number of Air Miles||Amount of Spending That’s Needed to Achieve 10,000 Enrich Miles|
|Achieve 10,000 Enrich Miles||Alliance Bank Visa Infinite Credit Card||60,000 TBP||Local||RM30,000|
Considering the figures above, you need to spend RM12,000 on overseas retail transactions or RM30,000 locally to achieve 10,000 Enrich Miles. You can use all the Enrich Miles you earn and redeem it for discounted airfares, seat upgrades, or fully paid tickets to your favourite destination.
Besides helping you earn air miles quickly, a spend of RM30,000 on local retail transactions in a year can also lead to the principal card’s annual fee being waived.
Added perspective: How does this credit card fare against the competition?
The Citi Prestige (read our review here) is another travel rewards credit card that can be pitched against the Alliance Bank Visa Infinite to understand the true merits (and some demerits) of the latter.
Which card lets you earn more points quickly? The rewards point gathering speed is higher for the Alliance Bank Visa Infinite (5x TBPs for overseas spends and 2x TBPs for local spends) than the Citi Prestige (2x Citi Rewards Points when you spend the equivalent of RM1 in a foreign currency and 1x Citi Rewards Points when you spend RM1 locally).
Which card is more expensive to get and maintain? The minimum income requirement (RM200,000 p.a.) and the annual fee (RM1,000) is more for the Citi credit card. On the other hand, you need to earn RM150,000 annually to qualify for the Alliance Bank Visa Infinite, and a yearly spend of RM30,000 will waive off its RM800 annual fee. The annual fee for the Citi Prestige cannot be waived off.
Which card offers more benefits and privileges? The Citi Prestige surely comes at a high price, but some of its travel-related perks are better than the Alliance Bank Visa Infinite. Enhanced travel insurance coverage amount, complimentary 4th-night hotel stay, complimentary ride home from KLIA1 and no added spending requirement to qualify for the unlimited Priority Pass VIP lounge accesses are some advantages that Citi Prestige has over Alliance Visa Infinite.
In conclusion, we can safely argue that the Alliance Bank Visa Infinite is a great travel credit card that can be used to gather a pool of rewards points quickly. Sure, it’s steep annual income requirement at RM150,000 may put off some customers, but once you qualify for it, you’ll love the many travel benefits offered by the card like air miles, lounge accesses and travel insurance.
If you’re planning to apply for this credit card, do keep in mind that an annual spend of RM30,000 will also get the RM800 annual fee waived off — something that can work as an icing on the cake!
Want more options? Do check out our reviews of other popular credit cards in Malaysia:
- Standard Chartered Visa Platinum Credit Card Review: The Simple Way to Earn More Rewards Points
- Alliance Bank You:nique Review: A Truly One-of-a-Kind Credit Card?
- Maybank 2 Cards Premier Review: A Premium Credit Card with a Superb Air Miles Conversion Rate
- Citi Cash Back Card Review: How Good Is This Rebates Credit Card?
All information provided in this article/blog, published on this website is strictly for general information purpose only. BBazaar does not provide any warranty about the authenticity and accuracy of such information. BBazaar will not be held responsible for any loss and/or damage that arises or is incurred by use of such information. Please visit the websites of respective banks/financial institutions for more details about products.